Friday, October 20, 2017

Human Nature

          Much can be said about us humans. The way we speak, act, and think are all prime examples of human complexity. Our complexity is what makes us such interesting topics. Our disposition as organisms is generally similar to that of most organisms: to survive. However, our nature doesn't stop at simply primal instincts. We have developed a much deeper thought process, one that draws a blurry line between good and bad. Our truest nature is often said to be greedy, deceiving, and dominating. While these traits are all seen in many people, there are also some who say that humans can be loving, generous, and empathetic when facing others. I personally agree with both of these ideas. We tend to stray towards a deceiving and greedier nature many times, usually for self-preservation, but we can also be emotionally deep characters. What defines us as humans; aside from our body, speech, and mind; is how we interact with each other.
          These thoughts of mine have required much thinking throughout my life. I often ask myself questions such as: "Why do we do this?" or "How do we impact each other?". I think about such topics as my mind drifts, which it tends to more than I would like it to, but I almost never find a definite answer. I think and think, but I always seem to come back to the conclusion that we are too complex for us to even begin to understand. Still, I have managed to collect my thoughts from many philosophical thinking sessions (many of which were sadly conducted in classes) to convey that all of these ideas of mine are mine alone, and not much except the observation of others has affected that one statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment