Saturday, October 21, 2017

Custom Prompt: I Need a New Outside Reading Book

          I recently finished The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls as my outside reading book. This novel is a memoir about Jeannette Walls' childhood and teen life in an odd family. Her family became heavily nomadic as they were driven out of Phoenix, Arizona at a young age. As they moved from home-to-home, they came closer together as a family, but they still had to drive through a few potholes along the road. Although I was skeptical about this book when I started a few weeks ago, I was increasingly surprised at how the story, despite being non-fiction, held my attention. However, now I am in need of a new outside reading book.
          Although I have my own ideas about my endless choices, I am still open to suggestions. After reading The Glass Castle, I am also now more open to the non-fiction genre, but I still heavily enjoy the genres of fantasy, fiction, and historical fiction or non-fiction. I am also comfortable reading a book of any size or reading level, so you don't have to take those factors into account. A novel that ties into a series would be the best option for me, as I usually prefer to read a chain of novels with a linked story, but standalone books can also be highly enjoyable for me. Please take these into consideration and get back to me ASAP.

Thanks,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment