Monday, March 5, 2018

LAUNCH 2018

          LAUNCH Day at Episcopal this year was intense. As it was my first, I was shocked at how thorough and interesting each presentation was. I had heard great things about LAUNCH from my older sister of Class of 2017, which apparently had a very impressive LAUNCH. Still, I was not disappointed at all with this year's theses. Overall, I had a lot more fun then I thought I would have listening to the theses of the hard-working Seniors of the Class of 2018.
          To try to decide which of the presentations was my favorite, I would have to think for hours. Instead, I must settle on Charles Barksdale's. I particularly enjoyed his for numerous reasons. First of all, it was technically my very first LAUNCH presentation that I experienced. Second, I was impressed by his use (or should I say misuse?) of presentation slides. He had the courage and the confidence in himself and his mind to go up on stage and talk about his thesis, something that must have required more than a little bit of rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment