Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dialogue

          "Dude, you're such a wimp!"
          "I don't care, I'm not doing it!" They could say whatever they wanted about me, but I wasn't going to do it.
          "We've done it before, and it's not that bad; really, we're serious." They gave me more undermining looks, and I could almost physically feel the pressure stacking in the space between us.
          "I think I'm good." They were used to my overwhelmingly abundant sarcasm.
          "Come on man, we don't have much time left; they're about to close," he said, failing to conceal the apprehension on his face.
          "Guys, I really don't think I want to do this." I failed concealing mine too.
          "Trust us, it's really not that bad."
          "Yeah, it really isn't," said the slightly quieter one, finally breaking his judging silence. I looked around, deep in thought. I thought of myself as a very stubborn character, however, these were my friends, and a part of me thought that maybe they knew me better than I did.
          "Ugh, just do it by yourselves guys, I already made up my mind." In truth, I really hadn't. "I'm just going to waste more y'all's time."
          "No, you're doing it with us right now." He grabbed me by the wrist, preparing to drag me if necessary, knowing that I wasn't nearly strong enough to put forth any significant resistance. The other followed suit.
          "Guys, please." I let go of my resistance and simply resorted to desperate begging. They seemed to not hear me, however, so I did what little I could to rebel against their combined strengths as they slowly dragged me in the direction in which I was avoiding. They sped up as I surrendered myself and prepared to face what was ahead of me. They let go of me, and I found my legs and feet moving of their own accord. I exhaled deeply.
          "Let's go."

No comments:

Post a Comment